May 12, 2013

Kill An Addict

In 2013, Hatebreed is still releasing records.  At this point the band is playing a nu-metal/hardcore hybrid (which I don't care for) but the necessity of their first few released cannot be denied.  As I'm sure a lot of you feel the same, I'd argue the band's best material is the debut LP, 'Satisfaction Is The Death of Desire' but the prior EP, 'Under the Knife' is a close second.  The raw production on this EP only adds to the band's highly influential style of moshcore.  Pretty much anything post the band's second LP, 'Perseverance' is boring, but the impact of their first few releases is crucial to this style of hardcore.

Released on Smorgasbord Records, there were both orange and gold variants.  I'm not 100% sure but I'm thinking this is orange, which is limited to 500 copies.

2 comments: