August 22, 2014

Hellish Grave

Skinfather from CA is a band that I've shared my admiration for on this blog in the past.  Having released the band's demo on my short-lived tape label (that I might decide to start back up at some point), this is the band's debut LP, "None Will Mourn."  With the departure of the band's original vocalist Kurt, I can't say I wasn't at least a little worried with how this record would hold up to their previous material.  That apprehension can be thrown out the window with the addition of Stephen (of Creatures) on vocals.  The band's sound is even further removed from hardcore than on previous releases, and they're now pretty much a straight up Swedish death metal band, with Dismember still being the biggest influence here (to my ears).  Released on Todd Jones' Streetcleaner Records.  Awesome debut full length.


No comments:

Post a Comment