December 23, 2012

Goon Life

The most recent Painkiller update brought two highly anticipated records for me; the Violent Future demo pressed to wax and MFP's debut EP.  I already owned (and loved) the Violent Future demo tape but when I heard that it was going to be released on the superior vinyl format I couldn't resist.  The band plays pretty basic HARDcore similar to Urban Blight - I believe they share members with that band actually.  I've heard a lot of people say that the drumming on this demo is bad and I agree, but it's bad in a good way if that makes sense.  The best way I can describe the drumming on this demo is 'dumb.'  He can keep a basic beat and keep time for the rest of the band, and that's about it.  You may think that this detracts from the songs but I think it actually makes them better.  Stoked to have one of my favorite demos of the year on the proper format.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment