December 19, 2012

Say You Love Satan

Looking at my last few posts, it's been a while since I've designated one to an A389 release.  Previously I seemed to post about records released on this label fairly often, and here's yet another.  Following their debut LP Tutti il Color del Buio, and a split with Finnish death/doom metal band Hooded Menace, here is Ilsa's new LP entitled Intoxicantations. This band plays crusty sludge/doom metal and there are some really heavy riffs on here.  Couple that with horror-themed lyrics and you've got a winner.  I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the genre but I do enjoy bands that fit the description, and I'd say that this band can hold their own with their comtemporaries.  I love the artwork on this record too.







Came with this cool poster too.  The label appears to be sold out of copies on red vinyl but you can still grab it on standard black.

No comments:

Post a Comment