December 12, 2012

Throwing Bricks

Here's a record that I've been meaning to pick up for a while now.  I've seen later pressings of this record come and go but I held out for a first press because I'm an idiot and I care about dumb things like that.  I'm sure everyone knows about this band by now but if you don't, Ceremony (used to) play a style of fast angry hardcore that was fresh at the time the band first started.  Their later recordings would show the band drastically changing style but their first few records still really hold up.  The Ruined EP would have to be my favorite of the band's material - the songs here are fast, angry, and some have some heavy mosh parts.  What more could you want?  I've given their newest LP, Zoo, multiple listens all the way through and I just cannot get into it.  I want to like it, but I just can't.  I'll have to stick with their older recordings like this EP.



No comments:

Post a Comment