November 12, 2012

Better Late Than Never

Here is the Insect Warfare/Hatred Surge split 7", and it's hard to believe that I haven't acquired a copy of this record until now.  It's one of those that you seem to see in most every distro since it's been kept in print pretty consistently since its original release in 2006.  Insect Warfare is one of the best grind bands in recent memory, having released one of the top grind LPs of all time (in my opinion) with the release of World Extermination.  The material on this split isn't quite up to that standard, but it shreds nonetheless.  On the flip side, Hatred Surge blasts through 6 tracks on their patented grindcore/powerviolence noise.  I use the word 'their' lightly since the band was just Alex Hughes at this point playing all instruments, but he had the help of another female on vocals for this recording (sorry, can't remember her name.  But no, it's not Faiza.)

From what I can tell this thing was only pressed once on black vinyl.  Every subsequent press has been on a different color, with black being available only from the first press.  Being the dumbass that I am, I felt the need to wait until I could secure a first press copy of this record before picking it up.  I don't really know why though.



No comments:

Post a Comment