November 25, 2012

Keeping Control

'Coping' is a hell of a vinyl debut by Toronto's Purity Control.  Released on Chris Colohan's label, High Anxiety Records, the band plays a very hardcore influenced style of grindcore.  Raw, stripped down grind played by hardcore kids - you won't find any hyperblasting technical shit here.  At least that's my take on it.  I know the band has released a few tapes prior to this 7" and have another 7" forthcoming, so I have some catching up to do.  The tapes are currently unavailable, but I wised up and preordered a copy of the upcoming 7" on the band's Bandcamp page.  I've listened to this thing multiple times a day since receiving it.  It's really well written and original (as far as grindcore goes).  Seriously check this band out if you're into grindcore, powerviolence/fastcore, or hardcore in general.

I was lucky enough to be one of the first 150 orders, so I got a copy on white vinyl.  The remainder of the press is on black.



No comments:

Post a Comment