September 18, 2012

Forced Out

Yesterday's mail brings me what is easily in my top 5 releases for the year.  I'm talking about the new self titled EP from Liverpool's Violent Reaction, which is a split release by two labels out of the UK - Static Shock Records and Quality Control Records.  Taking influence from both early 80's US and UK hardcore bands, what we get here is fast, mean, ugly straight edge hardcore all written and performed (at least on the recording) by one man.  I really don't know what else to say that hasn't already been said by my buddy Sean in HIS REVIEW over at Skull Fucked.  Instead of repeating everything he said, I suggest you read what he had to say about the record since that's pretty much exactly how I feel about it too.

I had originally passed on ordering this since the shipping from the UK to the US isn't generally cheap, and I'm glad I did.  I was able to grab it from Grave Mistake for less than $10, shipping included.

From what I gather there are at least six different variations of the record sleeve color, and the dust cover.  Mine is a brown cover for the record, with a pink dust sleeve.  The first press is limited to 326 copies on black vinyl.






The lyrics are printed on the back cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment